Bicester Village is one of the Collection of nine Chic Outlet Shopping® Villages, operated by Value Retail. Founded in 1992, Value Retail has established itself as the only company dedicated to creating and operating luxury outlet shopping villages. Home to 1,000 luxury outlet boutiques of the world's leading fashion and lifestyle brands, the Collection offers an unrivalled luxury outlet shopping experience for discerning shoppers in Europe. The nine Villages, located close to some of Europe's favourite cities, are now destinations in their own right, for domestic and international tourists.
Frequently Asked Questions
About Bicester Village
- Where is Bicester Village located?
- In the heart of Oxfordshire, midway between London and Birmingham, with excellent transport links.
- What days is Bicester Village open?
- Every day apart from Christmas Day (25 December)
- Do the boutiques accept credit cards?
- Yes, all boutiques accept credit cards.
- How many boutiques are there at Bicester Village?
- More than 130, from Anya Hindmarch and MaxMara to DKNY, Thomas Pink and Hugo Boss.
- How can I receive a VIP Day Card entitling me to further savings?
- You will need to have an invitation to exchange for a VIP card. Customers who stay at hotels local to the Bicester and North Oxfordshire area may be given a VIP invitation by the Hotel Concierge to exchange for a VIP card at the Bicester Visitor Centre. If you have already signed up for membership, please look out for emails/mail announcing promotions and follow the instructions on how to redeem extra savings. If you are not a member yet, please register online on BicesterVillage.com.
- Are dogs allowed in the Village?
- Sorry, only assistance dogs are allowed in the Village.
- What is the Bicester Village Gift Card and how can I purchase one?
- You can purchase the Bicester Village Gift Card online through our website or at the Bicester Visitor Centre in person.
Bicester Village Gift Cards purchased online require activation at the Bicester Visitor Centre – please bring the Bicester Village Gift Card along with a photo ID and the letter with the booking reference number.
- What are the opening hours?
- The Village is open seven days per week Monday-Wednesday 09.00-20.00, Thursday 09.00-20.00, Friday 09.00-21.00, Saturday 09.00-21.00 and Sundays 10.00–19.00. Some boutiques due to trading standards law have restricted opening hours on Sundays see our website for further details BicesterVillage.com
- Are there baby changing facilities in the Village?
- Baby changing and feeding facilities are available in the Village.
Getting to the Village
- Which is the closest railway station to the Village?
- Bicester North or Bicester Town
- How do I get from the railway station to Bicester Village
- From Bicester North, a regular shuttle bus service meets passengers to take them to the Village. Bicester Town station is just a short walk away from the Village.
- Do you pay for parking?
- No, it's free.
- How do I get to Bicester Village from London by public transport?
- You have two options to choose from:
Train: The most popular choice of public transport to get to Bicester Village is by train. From London you will need to get the train from Marylebone station. The journey to Bicester North station takes just over one hour – for train times and fares, please visit www.chilternrailways.co.uk or www.nationalrail.co.uk.
From Bicester North station you can take a Bicester Village shuttle bus for a small fee that runs on a continuous loop and takes approximately 10 minutes to get you to Bicester Village.
Bus: The Shopping Express® luxury coach service takes visitors from four locations in London directly to Bicester Village and back once a day. Book on BicesterVillage.com
- How do I get to Bicester North train station from Bicester Village?
- Bicester North train station is a ten-minute drive from Bicester Village. There is a shuttle bus running on a continuous loop (until half an hour after the boutiques close). You can get a ticket from the Bicester Visitor Centre (during opening hours), or from Bicester North station. If your train ticket is to Bicester Village then the fee would already be included in the train fare.
- How do I get to Bicester Village from Oxford by public transport?
- There is a regular bus service between Bicester Village and Oxford. The S5 bus leaves from Magdalen Street in central Oxford (outside The Randolph Hotel) and takes you to a stop by Bicester Village in 30 minutes.
The X5 bus leaves from Gloucester Green bus station in Oxford and arrives at the same stop by Bicester Village.
- Where can I get a taxi from at Bicester Village?
- There is no taxi rank at Bicester Village, but we can order a taxi from a local company for you at the Bicester Visitor Centre.
- Are there any restaurants on site?
- Yes. Carluccio's, Busaba Eathai and Villandry Grand Café serve food throughout the day and Pret A Manger, Jamie Oliver’s Fabulous Feasts, Amorino, Crêperie Angélie and Starbucks offer lighter snacks.
- Is there anywhere I can leave my luggage?
- Unfortunately, there is no luggage hold facility for customers. We do offer a Shopping Collection Service for a handsfree shopping experience. The cost is £7.50, we pick up your shopping and keep it safe until you are ready to collect your bags at the end of your day. This is only for items purchased at Bicester Village – we are still unable to put your luggage away in the safe container. There are no luggage hold facilities at the train stations either, so we would advise not to travel to Bicester Village with luggage.
- What is the Shopping Collection Service and where can I register for it?
- We offer a Shopping Collection Service for a hands-free shopping experience. Please register for this at the Bicester Visitor Centre. For a price of £7.50 we pick up your shopping and store it safely until you are ready to collect your bags at the end of your day (until 30 minutes before closing time).
- Do you have wheelchairs or mobility scooters available to loan?
- Yes, we have a limited number of wheelchairs and mobility scooters that you can use for the day. This service is free of charge. All you need to do is come to the Bicester Visitor Centre and provide some contact details. It is unfortunately not possible to book wheelchairs or scooters in advance.
- Do you have pushchairs for children available to loan?
- Yes, pushchairs are available on the same conditions as wheelchairs and mobility scooters.
- What do I do if I have lost property or find property someone else has lost?
- Please report cases of lost property or hand in items to our Security team, they are located next to our main reception. If you have lost something, we will take your details as well as a description of the item and you will be contacted if it is found.
- Is there internet access at the Village?
- Wi-Fi is available throughout the Village and within the cafés on site (Pret A Manger and Starbucks. Please ask their staff for an access code.) There are, however, no public computers available to guests at Bicester Village. The nearest place where you could use the internet or print something off would be local library in Bicester, about a ten-minute walk from Bicester Village.
- Can I use foreign currency or traveller's cheques at Bicester Village?
- It is generally not possible to use foreign currency or traveller's cheques at the boutiques in Bicester Village.
Whether you wish to change euro, US dollars, Qatari riyals or, in fact, more than 40 currencies from around the world, come along to ChangeGroup located in the new service hub at Bicester Village where you can exchange your currency into pounds at competitive rates to be spent in the Village.
ChangeGroup does not change traveller’s cheques. The nearest place to bank your traveller's cheques is in Bicester town centre, just a ten-minute walk from Bicester Village. You will find several travel agents on Crown Walk (just off Sheep Street), and around Market Square and Sheep Street there are several banks.
- Can I do Tax Free shopping at Bicester Village?
- Yes, if you are non-EU resident, you can reclaim the sales tax (VAT is 20%) on items purchased here and taken home with you. Please ask for a tax refund form in each boutique when you make your purchase.
ChangeGroup also offer a tax refund service where you are able to obtain your VAT refund on site rather than at the airport.
For a step-by-step guide, click HERE for more details.
- What tourist attractions are around Bicester?
- You can visit the town of Bicester, which is pleasant 15-minute walk from Bicester Village. You could visit St Edburg’s Church or wander around the Market Square and along the pedestrianised Sheep Street. Oxford is only a short drive away (30 minutes), either by car or bus. From Oxford you could also travel to Blenheim Palace by bus.
If you are driving, there are a number of attractions including National Trust properties within easy reach of Bicester Village (a 20 minute to one-hour drive). At the Bicester Visitor Centre we have a multitude of brochures and leaflets with more details on attractions and activities in the area.
- How can I find a place to stay overnight in the area?
- At the Bicester Visitor Centre, we can provide information on a variety of accommodation providers in the area. We also run an accommodation booking service.