Jane Winkworth founded French Sole in 1989 and is regarded as the ‘Queen of Ballet Flats’. Jane and French Sole made their mark by combining a classic ballet flat with never before seen colours, textiles and materials. All French Sole products are handcrafted in Europe, made with care by third generation craftsmen who use only the finest Italian leathers and skins.
Here’s Jane’s top five tips for choosing the perfect flat shoes…
1. Flats look great with everything and anything as long as you have confidence, so decide which style suits you best and are the most comfortable for your lifestyle and leg shape.
2. For practical glamour try pointed flats with glitter embellishments or sparkling ballet flats with oversized bows.
3. If your style is ‘sports luxe’, French Sole’s Moochers and Boardwalkers make the perfect transition from gym to party and special occasions. These styles were everywhere on the catwalks of the SS16 shows.
4. Ballet flats are everywhere right now and this classic, feminine shape should show a little toe cleavage for maximum impact.
5. Luxurious leather sandals also translate brilliantly from beach to city and look wonderful with everything all summer long.
Discover French Sole pop-up boutique this summer located near Le Pain Quotidien restaurant.