Creative Director of Jaeger, Sheila McKain-Waid shares her top tips for attending Wimbledon in style
1. Master smart/casual dressing – it’s that fine line between being overdressed and underdressed. We say you can’t go wrong with a pair of sleek culottes and an easy Breton top. It’s nonchalant yet chic.
2. Always take a jacket – British summers are notoriously unpredictable, so it always pays to be prepared for unexpected downpours. Lightweight blazers and trenches are perfect – even if just draped around your shoulders.
3. Wear white – Wimbledon whites aren’t just reserved for the players. From dresses to blouses and handbags, no shade feels more summery. Just be careful with those strawberries…
4. Comfort is key – being a spectator involves a lot of sitting around, so it’s important you feel comfortable in your outfit. I’ll definitely be packing a pair of flats in my tote bag.
5. Don’t wear sportswear – Athleisure, yes, but not actual sportswear. Not only will you not be allowed into certain areas, but no one wants to be confused with one of the players.